Monday 22 October 2012

Reviewing Experiments


1. Which materials and techniques have you experimented with during the typography project? 
Photoshop, illustrator, bleach, heat transfer, paint, spray paint, ink, paper cutting, coloured pencils, fine liner, watercolour, lettraset   
2. Have you explored and developed your ideas imaginatively? How have you demonstrated this? (give examples, link to posts or include images) 



3. Have you research a diverse range of artwork and completed this on your blog? who have you analysed? is you analysis in-depth? (again give examples and link to posts) 
I have research into many artist and graphic designers e.g. Natsuki Otani, M&M Paris, Handmade Typography, HeeBox Lee, Oscar Wilson, Vladimir Koncar, Ed Ruscha, Tien Min Liao, Si Scott and Mathilde Nivet.

4. Have you explored a range of ideas around the theme of 'Sayings and Expressions' within your experiments? What are they? How have they informed your ideas?

5. Have you refined / developed your outcomes through experimentation? How? 

6. Have you annotated, in detail, your experiments and developments on your blog and used this information to help you improve? 

7. Which techniques / experiments have been most successful? Why?
I feel that my Si Scott inspired work (on photoshop and by hand) has been very successful because I enjoyed this and liked experimenting and making my own curvy, swirly, floral and detailed font.





I also feel that my owen wilson inspired calligram was very successful when having to fit lots of different words inside my drawing that related to my object (a mug), these words then formed my drawing when rubbing the outline out of my mug. I feel that this was also successful becuase I enjoyed trying to fit these words into my drawing.



8. Which techniques / experiments have been least successful? Why?
I feel that my Natsuki Otani inspired watercoloured work was not as successful as some of my other work becuase I found it quite hard when blending the watercolours to be able to keep the watercolours inbetween the lines of my block letters.

However, when doing my Natsuki Otani inspired work on photoshop i found this much easier because you can create seperate layers so that when using the watercolour brush on photoshop you can paint neatly inbetween the font outline you have chosen.










9. Which techniques / experiments will you be developing further for your final outcome? Why? 
I feel that I will be developing my Si Scott inspired work futher for when I am making my design to go onto my tshirt.

10. What else can you do to further develop the techniques / experiments you want to use for your final outcome? 

No comments:

Post a Comment