Tuesday 20 November 2012

Final Evaluation



1. Write an explanation of your brief: What did you have to do? How did you come up with the ideas for this project?
I came up with ideas for this project by firstly looking into t-shirt design and the sayings and expressions used. I then found many design that linked to the style of calligraphy writing. I really like this style of writing so I downloaded a few fonts on dafont.com. I then tested these fonts out by writing my different sayings and expressions and then compared them and narrowed them down to the two I liked best. These were VTC nuetattoo script and Brother tattoo.

2. Write about the creative 'journey' of the project: How did you project and ideas evolve from start to finish through experimentation and research?

3. Who inspired your final outcomes?

4. What saying or expression did you use? What technique did you use? Was there a link between your materials and the words used? What was it?

5. What do you think you have done well? What has worked? Are you happy with your final outcome?

6. What do you think you could have improved in your final outcome?

I think that I could of focused on more detail by adding more effects and testing different brush stokes so that the text looked like it was written with ink. I could've experimented more with different handmade techniques and maybe could've even tried to draw my digital version with ink in my sketchbook to see which looks best.

7. Conclusion: Overall how did you find the project? Would you like to complete more typographic work in the future?

I really enjoyed the project as it pushed my graphic design deadlines and gave me more experience for meeting deadlines. I was also really happy how my t-shirt turn out and was happy that I had a final outcome that I could wear myself. I really think doing this typography project will help me in the future for when designing different objects in the future like packaging, business cards, magazines etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment