Tuesday 22 January 2013

My Feature Spread Title Creation.




I firstly wanted to create a city silhouette in the bottom of the text. I got this idea and was inspired by a font I really liked called urban jungle because I fell that it links well with my night time city urban theme. To create a silhouette I firstly used the pen tool in photoshop to create a shape layer and then filled it in black to create the silhouette. For this silhouette I used this photograph I took in london of the city, I also upped the contrast and change it to black and white so that the online of the buildings were more visible. Once I created the silhouette I then chose the text 'Ariel Black regular' because it was a simple bold text. 


I then wanted to add a texture to the text so that it look more urban. I used a texture called 'craquelure' in photoshop to create the text look more urban. Even though the effect didn't look exactly like the urban jungle effect I still really liked it because I went well on my feature spread. I then also used different dry brushes to try and create a ripped edge effect to the text. 



Urban Jungle Font:


Final Title Font:



No comments:

Post a Comment