Tuesday 19 November 2013

Evaluation


For my final Cd packaging I created a 2 fold Cd package with a slot for the Cd to be placed in. It included a full in side sunset surface design with the Cd being the centre focus. It also included a typography lyric design which included the lyrics from the song, a font cover with eye design and a back cover with barcode and record company logo.

For my CD packaging design I decided to use digital techniques to be able to create a high quality final project design. I used techniques such as gradient, blending, blurring, manipulating photographs, creating silhouettes and also experimenting with typography. To help and inspire me with this project, I looked at artists such as David Carson typography work and Olafur Eliasson’s weather project. I also looked at album covers and record labels such as Mika - Life in cartoon motion, Madonna - Celebration, Wynter Gordon - With the music I will die, David Bowie vinyl covers, Ministry of Sound, Def Jam and Island records.

I really liked working and creating my Cd packaging and I felt that my inside design and typography lyric sheet turned out really well. I really like my Inside sunset design because I worked really hard on creating the sunset to look warm, bright and to add depth to the inside layout. I feel that my Cd packaging was a success and feel that It was because of how I didn't rush the inside layout and tried lots of different effects. However I feel that could of spent more time at the start of the project brainstorming more ideas for nets because even though my net did turn out well, I feel that I could of created a much more technical and unique net instead of a simple 2 fold net. If I had more time and changed the net I feel that I would of created a small booklet addition to the Cd packaging which would include the lyrics, information about the band and also maybe small vector images of the band members. In this project I completed all the work set, however I feel that some of it could of been better and I could've gone further with developing other ideas.

In this project I felt I learnt many skills through testing different experiments on photoshop. I know feel much more comfortable and faster with photoshop which will hopefully help me in future projects such as my personal project which is next. I also feel I improved my typographic skills by looking more at David Carson's work and creating my own typographic lyric sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment