Thursday 24 January 2013

Change of Headphone Advert




I felt to change my headphone back advert as the pictures used were found off the Internet and were not mine. 
Firstly I chose I thought of a name form my headphone brand, which is now 'Feel the Bass'. I then chose a font from dafont called 'Base 02'. I then developed my advert around the text starting by adding a 90 degrees motion blur effect filter to the text. I chose to do this because I was experimenting trying to make sound waves and equalizer bars but then found a tutorial on YouTube, which showed me how to do the blurred effect.




I then wanted to add more texture, so I used a affect called ‘clouds’ on Photoshop, I then put this behind the text and also made the layer ‘overlay’, this made the cloud effect less visible but still made it look really good. I then wanted to add colour so I added a gradient layer consisting of the colours blue, green and yellow. I then change the gradient layer to ‘screen’ and put in under the cloud layer this way the colour was only filling the clouds and not the blur or the text. I the also wanted a glow around the text so I created another motion blur layer but made this one have a smaller radius.





Original photograph that I took of headphones.


I then cropped and placed the headphones at the side of the image only showing roughly half of the headphones. I then covered up the text that was there before using different circles of different grey shades to create a 3d effect. I then wrote 'R' for right ear stereo, 'FTB' as my brand name and also wrote stereo headphones and model number on the side. I also added a faint drop shadow to the headphones as well. 

With and without colour final back page advert (I am going to use the colour version as my final back advert): 




1 comment:

  1. Well done Ben! This looks great and is well explained.

    ReplyDelete