Monday 7 January 2013

Illustration Magazine Layout




For my second Article layout design I chose to base a double page spread on two artist, Matthew Midgley and Natsko Seki. I firstly chose to use a light blue background for my double page article instead of using a white background like my georgina luck article. I then chose a nice design from the grime vector pack on illustrator, I chose this ripped paper holed design because I felt that it related to the theme of illustration. For this design chose black for its colour and lowered the opacity.







I chose to firstly focus on Matthew Midgley on the left side of the page. I then chose to use Midgley's drawing of a blue converse shoe and then wrapped my text from my analysis around the shoe.






                                                                               


I then started to work on the right side focusing on
Natsko Seki. For this side of the article I kept the layout simple, I inserted a paragraph of text about Natsko Seki and then used a piece of her work to inset underneath the text.




I focused on the bottom half of the Matthew Midgley article. For this part of the Article I used two of Midgley's pieces of work and also an observational drawing of my own. I then inserted a paragraph of text explaining my own drawing in the style of Matthew Midgley.


At the end once creating my layout I then downloaded a font called 'sketchy' off a website called da font. I chose this font because I really liked how it looked on my layout and also felt that it related with the work of Matthew Midgley and Natsko Seki because they are both illustration artist and focus on the technique of using sketchy lines in their drawings.

2 comments:

  1. Great layout! It goes well with your illustration layout to create a 'look' for your magazine. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, creating photography layout now.

    ReplyDelete