Wednesday 2 January 2013

My Georgina Luck Magazine Article.


For my first magazine layout I chose to focus on just one artist being Georgina Luck I did this so that I could format my layout in the style of her own work.
When starting to design my layout I first started experimenting with different colours and what pieces of her work I would use in my double page spread. I really liked the idea of using ink splats on the page just like Luck uses ink for her work. 
I got these ink splat/ paint splat images from the grime vector pack in illustrator.






Once I had chosen the colours I wanted to use I then started to insert text and add my title. I chose the font 'inkworms' from the website 'dafont' for my text because I felt that it looked sketchy and looked a bit like how Luck draws her text when she is drawing product packaging. 


For the text I wanted it to form around the ink drip and the image of a piece of Georgina Lucks work, I used text wrap to do this on illustrator, at the start I found this tricky but soon got the hang of it.For this side of the article I used the meaning and context parts from when I evaluated Lucks work.







For the other side of the double page spread I then also tried to carry on the theme and same sort of style, e.g. I added another yellow bar and red ink splat, and used the same text.
For this side of the article I first focused on adding my own work and my personal response. 

I then had a big space at the top of of the page and was going to just put some of georgina lucks other work there but felt that I should expand on it. So I then added some text explaining about what different work Luck does instead of her well known packaging drawings, like her portraits and her small project that she did for the London Olympics. 







This is my final outcome which I am very please with. I really like how I did choose to focus my double page spread on just Georgina Luck because this meant that I could make my layout in the style of georgina lucks work.



No comments:

Post a Comment