Thursday 4 October 2012

Vladimir Koncar


Cactus type is a type made out of cacti and it’s a part of koncar's ever growing experimental handmade typography project called Diary Type'DiaryType' is Koncar's personal typographic diary that started as a experiment in 2007.  He collects various objects and from them he forms the letters. With those letters he writes his thoughts down and they are a symbolic link between the font and the objects. During this diary type experiment Koncar has used many different objects such as; Beer caps, Pills, Cigarettes, raw meat, gummy bears. All Koncar's type experiments are here on his website http://www.koncar.info/.  I really like Koncar's work because how he has used a lot of different materials and also how how he makes some of his typography really neat and all the same height and width just like this one he has created with soil.


I also really like Koncar's use of sayings and expressions that he has used to relate the materials and objects with the text. These are four that I liked from his portfolio. I especially like the one of the meat because even though he's trying to put across he's thoughts about meat he's also being quite hypocritical about it because he says 'We kill to many animals for fun!' which I feel he means that we waste to much and should just eat it, but however he himself is using meat for fun and as a waste to create this typography to go in his portfolio.    

My experiment on photoshop:

This is my Koncar experiment that I created on photoshop. I firstly started of by creating a 'B' in photoshop out of a simple text and the used that as a template I could use a brush and different colour onto of the 'B'. I then chose to use this grass brush on photoshop because it looked really realistic. once i chose this brush I then changed the colour to green and then started to draw onto of the 'B'. I really like how on photoshop I used a brush that is made to look like grass, I feel that this looks really realistic and if I did a word or phrase it would look like a piece of Koncar's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment