Wednesday 31 July 2013

Exhibition: D&AD New Blood

Over the summer on the 4th of July 2013, I decided to go and visit the D&AD New Blood exhibition which was on for two days (3rd & 4th of July 2013) in Old Spitalfields Market. The Exhibition held place to over 70 different courses showing the UK's newest graduating talent from 49 different universities. The different courses shown included: Graphic & Multimedia Design, Graphic Communication, Creative Advertising, Creative & Cultural Industries Contemporary Arts Practice, Digital Media, Motion Graphics & Animation, Illustration & Animation, Brand Design, 3D Digital Design, Photography, and many more. 

I really liked this exhibition and how it was arranged out because of how each university had there own booth. This really helped when jotting down notes, asking questions and taking loads of photographs of different work from different booths and I would know which universities they are from. I also really loved how creative different Universities were with their small booths because they all had different arrangements in their booths and they were all unique. 


This is a video (down Below) I found on youtube created by D&AD of a 'Pigeons Eye View' of the whole Exhibition and this shows how big New Blood was and how many Universities were Involved this year.



In this video playlist above, the second video is of D&AD workers interviewing the public asking them what they think of the New Blood Exhibition and asking them if they can explain it in one word. I agree with all the people in this video and really enjoyed the exhibition and would love to go again next year. I felt the work was shown really professionally, the booths were really creative and it was a really friendly atmosphere even though it was very packed during the middle of the day. I feel that if I had to rate the exhibition in one word I would probably say 'Inspiring' because I am hoping to go to university and will be applying next year and this has shown me that if I try my hardest in Uni and create loads of good work, I feel that maybe I could have my work presented like this in the future. Going to this exhibition has also helped me with my up coming project (CD Packaging) because I have seen loads of cool, creative ideas and designs that I have got some inspiration from for my CD project to be able to build up my ideas.    

These are some works by students that I really liked: 


I also started to look at some review of the Exhibition to see what booths people thought were the best, and I found a design website called path who said that they felt norwich put on a good show and I found out that Sheffield actually won an award because D&AD felt they had one of the bet booths. I also really liked this booth because of how they had added a background instead of just mounting work straight onto the white walls they were given.

Norwich booth: 
Image taken from Path

Sheffield Booth: 
Image taken from Path


No comments:

Post a Comment